Check your artwork is print ready
These guidelines have been created to ensure trouble free file supply for print reproduction at Soar Printing. Please also see the ‘PDF Tips’ tab if you require more information on creating PDFs and our preferred settings.
All PDFs must have the following characteristics:
• Images must be at least 300dpi.
• Images must be CMYK. All black text to be 100% black (not made up of CMYK)
• Fonts must be embedded in the pdf.
• PDFs must be centred on the page, this is useful during the imposition process.
• PDFs must have at least 3mm bleed (5mm recommended)
Our offset printing process conforms to the ISO colour standard, therefore we request the use of:
• Fogra 27 Colour profiling for image retouching and PDF file creation.
• Acrobat 6 or newer has the ability to view separations as well as an overprint preview.
High Resolution Proofing:
For an additional cost, PDF2Print produce high resolution proofs to match the printing process. When these proofs have been signed off by the client we will colour match them to the press. It is crucial these are signed off and returned to PDF2Print as this will be considered an approval to produce plates and continue the printing process.
NOTE: Spot colour to process CMYK values should be checked against the latest Pantone Colour Bridge book, as the default swatch libraries in Indesign, Quark, etc may vary from the latest books.
Untrapped Layered PDFs are requested for our trapping process.